Short Story and Poetry Writing Contest
2013 Theme: The Gift
This year’s contest theme is “The Gift.” You can write about anything in any genre as long as it has to do with a “gift.” It’s up to you how you want to interpret what that means. Get out your pens, dust off your thinking caps, and get writing!
Cost to Enter: FREE
Contest Deadline: August 31, 2013 (11:59 pm EST)
How to Enter:
- Read the Official Rules.
- Submit stories and poems of fewer than 1250 words. You may submit a total of 3 pieces to the contest.
- Do not title your piece “The Gift.” Be creative with it.
- Do not put your name on your entry. (See below)
- All entries should be edited and ready for print.
- Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org Entries need to be in a .doc , .pdf , or .rtf format. Please make sure you put “The Gift Entry” in the subject of the email. Include in the body of the email:
- Your full name (so we can easily identify your story)
- The title of your piece
- A short bio for the anthology
- A picture (optional) for the anthology
All entries will be published in an anthology. We reserve the right to not print your entry if it does not meet the criteria of the contest.